OARnet’s On-Net provides connectivity, redundancy and reliability across Ohio. On-Net is an integral part of the OARnet connection, promoting collaboration and reducing connectivity (i.e. Internet) costs for all OARnet users.
On-Net (IntraOhio) delivers a wide variety of services for those who connect to OARnet.
- Customized services across the network for multiple purposes, such as economic disaster recovery between sites on the network
- Any-to-any point-to-point Layer2 circuits or multipoint L3VPN instances across the OARnet MPLS backbone
- Connectivity to a choice of multiple data centers for colocation or Disaster Recovery location on the OARnet network
- Connect several remote sites via diverse OARnet PoPs
- Transport multiple applications and data between locations
- Lowers the cost of collaborative work by not requiring Internet use
- 100-gigabit network connection to services such as the Ohio Supercomputer Center and the ability to big data between sites in Ohio
- Numerous research collaborative efforts between healthcare, private companies and research and development centers across the state connection to various national research networks and labs within Ohio
- Access to numerous applications that make the connectivity faster, redundant and cost-effective without the use of commodity internet
• Education Services P-20, Education-related Healthcare and Research
• State & Local Government, Government-related Healthcare and Research