The OARnet Gateway is an online resource for OARnet clients. Authorized users and editors can view bandwidth statistics and manage client contacts (per OARnet policy). Bandwidth statistics are available to OARnet clients with Internet, Internet2 and OnNet subscriptions.
IP Address Requirements
Connectivity from an OARnet client IP address space is required to access the Gateway. If you are a client without an OARnet internet subscription, please submit your IP Ranges to the Service Desk. Once your IP Ranges have been added to our system, you will be notified and then you will be able to register at gateway.oar.net.
Registration is required to access the Gateway. Please check your Spam folder during this process.
- If your organization does not subscribe to OARnet internet, please see IP Address instructions above.
- Go gateway.oar.net and clicking “register here.”
- Please notate if you are associated with a department that has a direct connection to OARnet in the "Organization" field.
- Requests are verified by the Support Center (NOC) with your Administrative Contact. The Support Center will verify with your Business Relationship Manager if you are a new client and do not have an Administrative Contact on file.
- Once your registration is approved you will receive an email asking you to set your password.
- At this time you have seven days to set your password (please check your spam folder). If you do not set your password within that seven days your registration will expire and you will need to send a new request.
If you are a new client, your Business Relationship Manager helps identify who at your organization is OARnet’s first point-of-communication. This is typically, but not always, the person who fulfills the Administration Contact Role (see the Contact Policy & Role Definitions). That person will receive an email with instructions on how to register for the Gateway.
Registered users who have forgotten their passwords can go to gateway.oar.net, click reset password. You will receive an email to reset your password.
- You will have seven days to reset your password or the request will expire. If link has expired you will need to submit a new request.
- Please check your spam folder during this process.
- When you reset your password you may need to hard-refresh your browser or clear your cache & cookies. Refrain from using autofill.
- You may also try using a private browsing window.
Your organization’s Gateway Editors can remove users or you can contact the Support Center. The Support Center will verify requests with your Administrative Contact. Once a user is removed they can no longer login.
Contact Gateway Editors
By default, the first two authorized users from your organization are automatically given edit access for managing contacts, called Gateway Editors. This is a way to ensure there is always an editor to manage contacts per the OARnet Contact Policy.
However, organizations can manage their Gateway Editors in the Gateway and have unlimited editors if they choose. Additional users are not automatically editors because you may have many users but only want specific ones to manage your contacts.
Bandwidth statistics are available on the Gateway to OARnet clients with Internet, Internet2 and OnNet subscriptions.
Well managed contacts enables OARnet to process requests efficently as well as keep your organization secure. The OARnet Service Desk can only accept change requests and trouble reports from eligible Gateway contacts.
To learn how OARnet uses contacts please read the OARnet Contact Policy and listed contact roles. Your Administrative contact oversees your organization's Gateway authorization and organization’s overall compliance of the Contact Policy. However, they do not need to be a Gateway Editor though we recommend they be one.
- Authorized individuals who have registered for an account on the Gateway. Those individuals have a user name and password and can view the resources on Gateway.
- Registered users who have edit access to manage your organization's contacts.
Gateway Editors can make other users editors and remove users. By default, the first two users at an organization are automatically Gateway Editors. This can be changed at any time by your Gateway Editors or OARnet staff.
- Individuals who can be assigned to defined contact roles OARnet uses to communicate with your organization, per the OARnet Contact Policy. Be sure to read the Contact Policy and Role Definitions, which outlines the requirements.
A Gateway Editor is not the same as the Administrative Contact. While an individual has the ability to be both, they are two separate functions. A Gateway Editor means a registered user has edit access on the Gateway. While the Administrative Contact fulfills duties outlined in the OARnet Contact Policy & Role Definitions.
|Gateway Access Guide PDF||1.39 MB|
|Gateway Contact Guide PDF||2.52 MB|
|Gateway Registration Guide for non-subscription Internet||261.24 KB|
|Gateway Registration Guide for subscribed Internet||260.26 KB|
|Gateway Access Quick Guide||683.49 KB|