Client connections to the OARnet backbone are provided through a last-mile access service using one or more carrier partners. OARnet has high-speed interconnects with over 15 last-mile partners across Ohio to facilitate a cost-effective solution using a wide range of connectivity options. These include dark fiber, dedicated circuits and shared metro-ethernet connectivity. Clients can use multiple carriers to implement fully redundant and diverse connections to multiple OARnet PoPs.
- State-contracted pricing and terms are available to our members from most carriers, resulting in cost savings through aggregate OARnet purchasing
- OARnet Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) proactively monitors performance 24x7 to facilitate troubleshooting and reduce downtime
- OARnet technical support for troubleshooting and services
- Order management and consulting
- CPE to monitor the status of the circuit
- A comprehensive list of carriers and partners for last-mile service.
- 24x7 network monitoring
- Manages break fixes and initiates repair work with providers
- Tier 2 support service with access directly to OARnet engineers
- Tested equipment and trained technical staff
- Collaboration facilitation between sites with multiple fiber builds
- Contract with their last-mile carrier
- Environment for OARnet CPE
• Education Services P-20, Education-related Healthcare and Research
• State & Local Government, Government-related Healthcare and Research