Cloud-based Denial of Service mitigation is included for all clients subscribing to the OARnet Internet Service. The OARnet DDoS mitigation service is designed to protect your network and servers, helping you to meet the ever-increasing business requirements for uninterrupted service.
On-demand DDoS Mitigation:
In the event of a DDoS attack, clients can activate this service by initiating a DDoS mitigation request through our 24x7 Network Operations Center. Once initiated, OARnet technical staff perform a traffic analysis and provide a recommended DDoS mitigation strategy. These mitigations are temporary and are removed after a consult with our security team.
Pre-configured DDoS Mitigation:
Pre-configured, always-on configurations can be placed in the OARnet backbone to protect clients from common DDoS vectors. Implemented by request, this proactive approach requires customized configurations determined through a combination of traffic analysis and consultation with your networking team.
- Cost savings due to aggregate purchase of internet services and DDoS protection
- Redundancy and geo-diversity in both connectivity and providers
- 24x7 monitoring of network connections to resolve issues
- Consultation and support for ordering service including identifying recommended capacity
- Installation support including vendor coordination and technical support
- Traffic analysis and backbone filtering
- Engineering escalation list
- The opportunity to switch between service types during a service period
- Provide the necessary connectivity to the OARnet network to support their bandwidth subscription
- Provide OARnet with a contact and escalation list for their site
- Client is not required to make any changes to their network to utilize the DDoS service
- On-demand DDoS Mitigation and Pre-configured DDoS Mitigation are included with the cost of the OARnet’s standard Internet service
• Education Services P-20, Education-related Healthcare and Research
• State & Local Government, Government-related Healthcare and Research