Eduroam – “edu” for education, “roam” for roaming or traveling – is a secure, worldwide wireless access service that allows students, faculty and staff from participating institutions to connect to the internet safely from anywhere in the world.
Eduroam is available in nearly 80 countries and at thousands of institutions, including many throughout Ohio. To begin, a user simply logs on to the “eduroam” SSID using his or her campus login credentials. To find eduroam participating institutions in Ohio and the US, view the map.
Research and education networks within each country oversee eduroam use. Internet2 is the governing body in the U.S., which includes everything from setting the standards of technology and privacy to how the infrastructure is implemented.
- Users from any institution that uses eduroam can log in from anywhere in the world that eduroam is used.
- Strong authentication means users gain wireless access more securely than through a web login.
- Services to assist member institutions with adoption of eduroam.
• Education Services P-20, Education-related Healthcare and Research
• State & Local Government, Government-related Healthcare and Research