VMware, a global leader in cloud infrastructure and digital workspace technology, accelerates digital transformation by enabling freedom and flexibility in how customers build and evolve their IT environments. Virtualization, cloud and mobility solutions are enabling a software-defined data center for Ohio’s government and education sectors.
By means of a partnership between The Ohio State University, the Ohio Department of Higher Education and VMware, Ohio colleges and universities, K-12 schools, OPLIN libraries, state government, local goverment who are members of the State of Ohio Cooperative Purchasing Program (COOP)*, may purchase VMware software, services and support through OARnet at significantly reduced prices.
*Local government must be a member of the COOP to purchase VMware from OARnet. To confirm membership or to join the COOP, as well as to find application instructions, click here.
- Increased cost savings
- Optimized efficiency
- Improved security
- Develop and deploy applications faster
- Lower operational and maintenance costs when upgrading your IT environment
- Reduced physical footprint of IT infrastructure
- Reduced carbon footprint by lowering electrical requirements
A full suite of VMware and AirWatch products and services are offered through OARnet, at a significantly reduced cost. Visit the VMware Products page to view details about each product.
VMware Education provides training and certification programs to build your knowledge and expertise. For more information, please log in here.
OARnet clients receive VMware's Production-Level Support & Subscription (SnS), the highest level of support, at the lowest price. OARnet customers may select the renewal period that best accommodates their needs: 1-, 2- or 3-year maintenance terms are available for perpetual licenses; and, a 1- or 3-year term for AirWatch. View additional details regarding VMware's Production-Level Support.
Professional Services Credits, or PSO credits are available at discounted pricing to acquire VMware Training, Consulting Services and VMworld registration. The consulting services and training may come from either VMware directly or a vendor who accepts PSO credits as payment.
*PSO credits purchased through OARnet expire upon consumption.
- As an added benefit, OARnet customers receive VMware Technical Account Manager (TAM) post-sale support, at no additional cost. VMware TAMs deliver access to VMware experts and tools to help optimize the performance of your implementation. This service includes complimentary VMware Health Analysis and Best Practice Review, Product Information, Upgrade Planning, Support Escalations, MY VMware Portal Permissions, and monthly Newsletter.
OARnet has contracted with Carahsoft, the trusted Government IT solutions provider, to employ best practices with VMware Quoting, License Key Management and Vendor Distribution. OARnet customers enjoy many benefits from this extended resource, including proactive maintenance renewal quotes with the option to co-term to a single maintenance renewal date.
• Education Services P-20, Education-related Healthcare and Research
• State & Local Government, Government-related Healthcare and Research
For quote requests, product or price inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a request through the OARnet Pricing Portal.
Click here to review the End User License Agreement associated with VMware purchased under OARnet.