A username, password and OARnet client IP address is required to access statistics. Your OARnet Gateway credentials allow access to OARnet services, including statistics.
If you do not have access to the OARnet Gateway or Statseeker, you may register by going to gateway.oar.net and clicking the "register here" button. The authorization will be verified by our Service Desk with your Administrative Contact.
If you are a client without OARnet IP address space, you can submit your IP Ranges to the service desk. Once your IP Ranges have been added to our system, you will be notified. Then you will be able to register at gateway.oar.net.
Please contact the service desk with questions.
- Bandwidth statistics are available to OARnet clients with Internet, Internet2 and OnNet subscriptions. HIgher Education clients can view their subscribed Content Delivery or non-subscribed Content Audit.
- Statistics update every five minutes.
- Previous stats may not be available for various reasons (i.e. an internal documentation change, etc.).
- The Gateway currently can only show up to the current past month of statistics. If you need stats from a specific time period, please contact the service desk.
- Go to gateway.oar.net
- Sign in with your username and password.
- Forgot your password? Click the “Reset Password” button.
- Not Registered? Click “Register Here” button.
- Click on Stats.
- Choose one of your subscribed services to view.
- Explore the View Options.
- Time Frame – choose Last 1 Day, 1 Week or 1 Month.
- Subscription/Drops – choose to show or hide your Subscription level and dropped packets.
- Sampling choose five minutes or one hour. This will show you the average utilization sustained on your service per 5 minute average or over a 1 hour period. Please note that the five minute sampling option will be disabled for larger timeframe requests, such as Last 1 Month.
- Consolidation (one hour sampling rate only) – choose to average your data over the sampling rate, or choose to show the maximum or minimum value in that time period.
- Explore the Graph.
- Positioning your mouse over the graph will show the exact utilization numbers, along with full time and date, for that exact point in time.
- When subscription is enabled, your subscription line will rise and fall as your subscription is modified.
- The thickness of the red subscription line directly corresponds to your burst limit- this is a buffer that allows you to momentarily exceed your subscription to ensure best service.
- Explore the Details View.
- Click the side arrow next to the service name.
- Active connections are checked by default. Uncheck and check connections to view historical data.
- Use the search or numbered pages to explore past connections.
To view your Intra-Ohio or I2 Net-Flow bandwidth stats, please visit http://nfstats.oar.net.
Access the Statseeker web page at http://statseeker.oar.net. Login with your Gateway credentials.
OARnet provides three levels of connectivity
- IntraOhio bandwidth Network traffic that stays within the State of Ohio.
- Internet (also called Internet1) General public connection.
- Internet2 Non-profit, national network dedicated to research and education. OARnet is Ohio's access point to Internet2.
Two different services enable clients to view bandwidth and utilization statistics. On-line statistics are currently available to all academic and government members.
Clients may contact the Service Desk at email@example.com and request a stats report for a specific time period.
Leased Line Statistics
Statseeker allows our leased line customers to track line utilization in many different ways. These statistics can help you with things such as:
- Determining whether or not your current connection is capable of accommodating the amount of traffic on a given interface.
- Seeing the periods of time and/or months when your interfaces handle the most traffic.
- A glimpse of the number of errors a given interface takes in a year.
Access the Statseeker web page at http://statseeker.oar.net
Statseeker User Tips
- Once you have logged in, you will be taken to the Standard Console of the Network Infrastructure Monitor.
- Select a graph option.
- To quickly see all interfaces without having to format graphs
- Choose your device(s) (either the OARnet provided cpe device or the backbone router that connects you) from the device list (third column). Ctrl-Click allows you select multiple devices.
- Click on Utilization, which is underneath the Interfaces section of the Reports List page (first column, third).
- To view statistics for a specific port/s in detail
- Select your device using the Device List and then select Utilization. If your device is not listed, contact the Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-627-6420.
- In this window, you will notice a Port List with all the ports on your device. Select the port you wish to view statistics for by clicking its name. The name will be in a format similar to 'ge-0/0/0.'
- At the top-center of this window, you can choose the time period you wish to look at. This window also auto-refreshes your data every minute.
- Statseeker allows you to view your interface statistics in a variety of ways, not just utilization.
- Top X Network under the Report List column will bring up report with an at-a-glance overview of information for the devices you've selected.
- Top Utilization Graphs will bring up graphs for your busiest interfaces- the ones that might need the closest attention.
- Utilization will bring up all utilization information for all ports on the devices selected. Transmit/Receive graphs can also be inspected by left-clicking the smaller graphs displayed on the utilization information page.
- Bits Per Second contains utilization information, but displayed in terms of the number of actual bits being transmitted or received on each port.
- Packets will display graphs for the number of packets per second along the port.
- Errors displays error information for data and packets that have traversed each port.
- Discards indicates the amount of data that has been discarded.
Save formatted graphs to a location on your computer by left-clicking on the 'PDF' icon in the top-left corner of any report page
Rate limits are not reflected on the utilization formats. If you are viewing a rate-limited interface, keep in mind that you are limited to the maximum value for Utilization % (i.e. you have a DS3 (45Mbps) connection, but you are rate-limited to 22.5 Mbps. Therefore, a line that hits the 22.5 Mbps mark means that you are essentially using 100% of your allotted bandwidth. If you do not know whether or not your interface is rate-limited, you can email or call the support center (email@example.com, 1-800-627-6420).
Average Delay Displays a line indicating the average delay times
Average Rx% - Displays a line indicating the average amount of traffic coming into the designated port
Average Tx% - Displays a line indicating the average amount of traffic going out of the designated port
Bytes Displays byte counts for the designated port
Delay Times Displays delay times along the port
Discards Displays discard counts
Errors Displays error counts for the designated port
FECN/BECN Displays FECN/BECN information
Frames Displays frame counts for the designated port
PVC CIR% - Displays PVC committed information rate statistics
Rx Utilization % - Displays traffic coming into the designated port
Show Grid Displays a grid on the graph in order to make the graphs easier to read
Tabular - Displays average Receive and Transmit percentages, Bytes, Frames, Errors, Discards, and FECN/BECN information in a table format
Thresholds - Displays the threshold of the designated port
Tx Utilization % - Displays traffic going out of the designated port