Problem Reporting Process
The Service Desk is available 24x7x365 to help you with your service. The problem reporting process outlined below describes how service issues are addressed when working with the Service Desk.
Preparing to report an issue
Authorized listed contacts in the Gateway from your organization may contact OARnet to report a service issue. The authorized contact will be verified before making any changes to your service.
Please collect as much information as possible about the service issue before contacting the Service Desk. Detailed information may not be available to you regarding the issue, but every bit of information you can provide will help the Service Desk find and resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
Helpful information to collect before you contact the Service Desk includes:
- Specific error messages received
- Date and beginning/end time of problem
- Source and destination IP addresses or DNS site names
- A trace route from the source address to the destination address demonstrating the problem
- Trouble ticket number if you are contacting the Service Desk on a previously reported issue.
How to contact the Service Desk
The Service Desk is always available to help you with your service and may be reached via phone or email.
How to track issues
Every call or email into the Service Desk is logged into ServiceNow. The system generates a tracking number, which will be given to you when a problem is reported, and provides a database for monitoring, communicating, and escalating issues within OARnet operations.