Fig. 1 Deployment Architecture of ActiveMon as an
- Data-Generator Module for an application-specific network measurement toolkit.
- Central Data-Collector-Sanitizer Module to centrally collect and store sensible measurements data; E.g. this module avoids collecting ‘–ve’ Delay or MOS values, etc.
- Optimized Database Schema to efficiently store massive amounts of measurement data with minimal redundancy; saves disk space and facilities quicker data mining.
- Scalable Scheduler Module for handling network-wide on-going and on-demand measurements; scheduling supports regulation and prevents measurement conflicts due to resource sharing.
- Alarm Generator Module digests, analyzes and generates alarms based on an efficient anomaly detection scheme that aims at minimum false-alarms; alarm notification via e-mail is supported.
- Easily Customizable Visualization Module with tabular and network health Weather map interfaces; alarm-context sensitive coloring of measurements information is supported.
- Security Configurations to avoid compromise of measurement infrastructure resources.
Project Lead and Developer:
Current: Phani Kumar Arava, Peter Jaegerson
Previous: Dima Krymskiy, Mukundan Sridharan
Project Supported by:
Project Hosted by:
Last updated: January 2006
Copyright ITEC-Ohio, 2006. All rights reserved.