During a crisis, your Web site becomes a nexus for information. With OARnet's Emergency Web Hosting Service, you will always have a Web site available, even if your network is adversely affected by fire, weather or construction mishaps, or your campus server goes down from sharp increases in traffic.
- You control the message by preparing a "standby" web page with vital information your audiences need during an emergency.
- With Emergency Web Hosting, you have confidence that faculty, students or employees can obtain details that could ensure their safety.
- Others – from parents to business partners – can be directed to the best place for more information.
- OARnet's solution offers a faster resolution than using a DNS redirect. By implementing an IP intercept to redirect traffic to the emergency website, full implementation is complete in less than two hours.
- OARnet stores and deploys a basic campus web presence on a remote web server in the event that normal web operations are disrupted.
- A dedicated web server hosts the 24x7 service. Located in the State of Ohio Computer Center, the server resides on OARnet's network backbone.
- One gigabyte of server storage is available per agreement.
- You have direct, secure and encrypted access to upload messages to the OARnet server.
- Only authorized individuals with a password can engage the service, which is done through the OARnet Networking Operations Center.
- In the event of a particularly crippling power or network communications outage, OARnet will provide limited support to update information.