Through the University System of Ohio virtualization program, you can purchase VMware software licenses and support at significantly reduced prices.
In the first 18 months of operation, the total VMware savings equaled $44.9 million. By the end of 2012, the total savings are projected to tally $100 million.
Virtualization allows IT departments to create a virtual environment at the workstation, server or data center level. With this virtualization technology, you can reduce the number of physical servers or computers, while still maintaining performance levels. Benefits include:
- Reduced costs for physical IT hardware (servers, desktops, etc.)
- Lower operational and maintenance costs, when upgrading your IT environment.
- "Green" IT Savings through lower power, cooling and space costs.
- American Electric Power, Dayton Light and Power and Duke Power offer financial incentives for virtualized datacenters because they consume less energy.
(Click here to download VMware and OARnet brochure.)
A full suite of VMware software products are offered, including:
- vSphere and Cisco Nexus1000V licenses
- View Enterprise & Premier licenses
- vCenter Chargeback
- vCloud Director
- ThinApp Client & ThinApp Suite Licenses
- Site Recovery Manager licenses
- Consulting Services and Training Classes (PSO Credits)
- VMware Production Level Support (formerly "Platinum Level") for all VMware products purchased or renewed
For more information on VMware-related services, contact your Client Services Representative or send an email using the appropriate link below.