OARnet higher education, K-12 and government communities can now purchase a select set of AirWatch by VMware products through our Virtualization with VMware program.
Through this partnership between OARnet, the Ohio Department of Higher Education and VMware, you can purchase VMware software licenses and support at significantly reduced prices. The 2013-2017 contract is projected to generate $3 million in direct savings for all OARnet clients.
- Products A full suite of VMware and AirWatch products are offered through OARnet. You may visit the vmware.com and AirWatch by VMware products page to view details about each product.
- Consulting and Training Professional Services Credits, or PSO credits, are purchased from OARnet at a discounted rate and then can be used for VMware Training or to pay for VMware Consulting services. The consulting services and training may come from either VMware directly or a vendor who accepts PSO credits as payment. For more information please log in to https://mylearn.vmware.com.
- Distributor option. OARnet contracted with Carahsoft Technology Corp. to resell VMware through certified distributors. This enables you to purchase VMware at the same cost from partners, with Carahsoft managing the relationship. Because resellers can combine VMware with other hardware, training, consulting or software purchases, this could simplify your ordering process. More information is available at the Carahsoft-OARnet page.
Virtualization allows IT departments to create a virtual environment at the workstation, server or data center level. With this virtualization technology, you can reduce the number of physical servers or computers, while still maintaining performance levels. Benefits include:
- Reduced costs for physical IT hardware (servers, desktops, etc.)
- Lower operational and maintenance costs, when upgrading your IT environment.
- "Green" IT Savings through lower power, cooling and space costs.
- American Electric Power, Dayton Light and Power and Duke Power offer financial incentives for virtualized datacenters because they consume less energy.
For more information on VMware-related services, contact your Client Services Representative or send an email using the appropriate link below.